The language of instruction at "Vasile Alecsandri" University of Bacau is Romanian, except for the Bachelor's degree and Master's degree studies in English and French at the Faculty of Letters.
Prospective students from the EU countries must apply directly to our University and they are admitted under the same conditions as the Romanian citizens.
They must prove their studies with a study equivalence certificate issued by the Romanian Ministry of National Education either through our university or directly. In addition, they must prove the knowledge of Romanian language by providing one of the following documents:
- Romanian study diplomas/certificates/transcript of records of at least 4 consecutive years of studies in Romanian in a Romanian institution;
- A Certificate of Linguistic Competence of Romanian according to the CERF proving a B1 level;
- Certificate of a preparatory year for studying Romanian proving a B1 level according to the CERF issued by a Romanian university (IMPORTANT: our university offers the possibility to enrol students for the preparatory year for learning the Romanian language - 2500 lei).
Non-EU citizens can participate in the entrance examination for an academic degree on a number of separate seats proposed for entrance by our university.
They must take the following steps:
- fill in electronically the APPLICATION FOR THE ISSUANCE OF LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE TO STUDIES and sign it manually;
- minimum academic requierements for undergraduate studies can be find here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-WydKlC-sxCS1NHMUU2N1RYTms/view
- when the file is approved by the University, our institution sends it to the Ministry of National Education to request the issuance of the letter of acceptance to studies;
- based on the letter of acceptance provided by the university and the payment of the tuition fee, a study visa must be requested by the candidate
- an evaluation fee of 50 euros for processing the file, must be paid together with the tuition fee or upon the arrival at the university.
The tuition fees:
- Students from the EU countries pay the same tuition fees as the Romanian students.
- Non-EU students pay:
- 2500 euro/year for the Romanian language preparatory year;
- 2200 - 2700 euro/year for the undergraduate studies (Bachelor's degree programmes);
- 2900 euro/year for the postgraduate studies (Master's degree programmes or Doctoral studies).
The tuition fees are established by the Ministry and do not include the costs of living in Romania. In the case of non-attendance, including the refusal of the study visa, the tuitiong fee shall reimbursed to the account from which it was paid. The file evaluation fee of 50 euros shall not be refundend and all the costs regarding the bank transfer shall be cut from the amount paid by the applicant.
All study documents and birth certificate must fulfill the conditions provided in the letter of acceptance, namely to have an authorized translation of the final certificate of studies certified by a Romanian Embassy or an International over-legalisation, namely:
The Hague Apostille is requested for diplomas from countries which are parties to the Hague Apostille , issued by the competent authorities in the issuing countries. The Hague Apostille is requested for diplomas from Italy, Greece, Spain, Portugal and Cyprus.
Diplomas issued in countries which are not parties to the Hague Apostille Convention shall be authenticated or accompanied by an authentication certificate from by the competent authorities in the issuing countries;
- Legalization/Authentication is done by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs from the issuing country, the Embassy/Consular Office of Romania in the issuing country and the Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs or by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the issuing country, the issuing country's Embassy/Consular Office in Romania and the Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs; for countries where Romania does not have a diplomatic mission or countries which do not have diplomatic missions in Romania, the study documents shall be legalized by the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs from the issuing country;
- Legalization/Authentication exemption is allowed under the law of an international treaty to which Romania is party or on a reciprocity basis.
PERMIT OF RESIDENCE
All students must apply for a permit of residence in Romania within 90 days upon arrival.
When presenting to studies and taking into account that students have the obligation to open a bank account in Romania, they must present official documents specifying their home address at least in English/French, if not translated into Romanian (e.g. identity card - if they have their registered address, utility bills, bank statement in the country home address with their home address, or any other official document confirming their home address).