The language of instruction at "Vasile Alecsandri" University of Bacau is Romanian, except for the Bachelor's degree and Master's degree studies in English and French at the Faculty of Letters.
Prospective students from the EU countries must apply directly to our University and they are admitted under the same conditions as the Romanian citizens.
They must prove their studies with a study equivalence certificate issued by the Romanian Ministry of National Education either through our university or directly. In addition, they must prove the knowledge of Romanian language by providing one of the following documents:
- Romanian study diplomas/certificates/transcript of records of at least 4 consecutive years of studies in Romanian in a Romanian institution;
- A Certificate of Linguistic Competence of Romanian according to the CERF proving a B1 level;
- Certificate of a preparatory year for studying Romanian proving a B1 level according to the CERF issued by a Romanian university (IMPORTANT: our university offers the possibility to enrol students for the preparatory year for learning the Romanian language - 2500 lei).
Non-EU citizens can participate in the entrance examination for an academic degree on a number of separate seats proposed for entrance by our university.
They must take the following steps:
- fill in electronically the APPLICATION FOR THE ISSUANCE OF LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE TO STUDIES and sign it manually;
- when the file is approved by the University, our institution sends it to the Ministry of National Education to request the issuance of the letter of acceptance to studies;
- based on the letter of acceptance provided by the university, a study visa must be requested by the candidate;
- a tax fee for processing the file is required when presenting at the University (50 euros).
The tuition fees:
- Students from the EU countries pay the same tuition fees as the Romanian students.
- Non-EU students pay:
- 2500 euro/year for the Romanian language preparatory year;
- 2200 - 2700 euro/year for the undergraduate studies (Bachelor's degree programmes);
- 2900 euro/year for the postgraduate studies (Master's degree programmes or Doctoral studies).
The fees are established by the Ministry and do not include the costs of living in Romania.